Wednesday, 30 October 2013

What I Wore Wednesday #3

As it's Halloween tomorrow, this OOTD is appropriately themed. It's my costume - and it's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.




I am, of course, Edward Scissorhands. Featured here with Rob who is the zombie from Dawn of the Dead (not the Hulk...) and my little sister, who is a very pretty Bellatrix LeStrange.

To get this look I had a little help. I had the very talented Louise Methven do my make-up. You can check out her page here. I think she did an awesome job, and I spent the entire night not recognising my own face shape.

For the rest of the costume I wore my own clothes. I wore my Topshop Mosaic treggings, a Primark polo neck, and a white shirt from Next. The braces and leather gloves were borrowed. I then bought silver plastic knives from Hobbycraft and cellotaped them to the gloves.

For the hair, after washing my hair I used Bumble and Bumble texturising creme and backcombed it all to one side. I then used kirby grips and pinned random bits up. I finished off by using coloured black hair spray (bravely) on my entire head. This took a whole can, and even then I could have used more. I was worried I would be left with a black tinge to my hair but it washed out perfectly. I wish I could say the same for my poor bath which has taken a hair dye hit the past couple of weeks.

I won best costume at the party - so I was pretty chuffed with the whole thing.

Cleo has yet to dress up yet - she has a party on Saturday so we shall post her costume next week. Instead, here's a cute outfit she wore this week.


This is a top to toe Next ensemble. The skirt is pretty huge on her, despite being the same size as the rest of her clothes.

More outfits next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment