So here's where we're at on this lovely lady's birthday
Height/Weight: Cleo's lost a little bit of weight this month. I think that's because she's much more active and only has a small milk feed at night. She weighs 8.6kg (19 pounds). It puts her just under 50th percentile so I'm not too worried. She eats a ridiculous amount. I don't know about her height this month, she would not let me check it ha!
Routine: Cleo is now down to one nap a day (most days). A good day will be a long nap in the afternoon from about 12-2. She sometimes has a wee catnap again at 5 before dinner if she's grumpy but most days she doesn't want to - she thinks life is too fun for sleep. She's kind of went off her bath recently but we're still keeping her bedtime routine the same: dinner, bath, feed, story, bed. It works well for her even if she does get all angsty in the bath.
Size: She's still 9-12 month clothing and size 4 nappies but we've got lots of gorgeous 12-18 month clothing that I'm desperate for her to wear because it's sooo cute! She's also a size 2 and a half F in shoe which is annoying because they don't do hard soles for smaller than a 3!
Milestones: This has been a crazy month for learning for Cleo! She's so smart sometimes!
- Walking! She took her first wobbly steps in the middle of the month. She can walk around 4 steps before she falls/sits down. She's like a drunk old man!
- Stacking blocks. She can put 3 on top of each other. I'm so proud of her for this because according to my paeds book the average age of that is 18 months.
- Putting shapes into the right shape on her shape sorter (I said shape a lot there...)
- Getting off the couch/bed safely. She no longer tries to be a lemming.
- Eating from a plate with her spoon successfully. This does not mean there is no mess on the floor though because she still likes to throw it away once she's full.
- Her words are coming along well too! Although I can't quite work out what she's saying except 'Bap' means bath I think. We have lots of Mamas, Dadas and Hiyas. She likes the sound of saying 'Vah' too and will go 'vahvahvah' for ages haha!
- Not really a milestone but it's adorable so I thought I'd share - she started copying Rob doing a 'red indian' hand to mouth thing. What is that even called? She will go woooooo whilst doing it.
12 months post partum: I haven't updated a post partum me for a while so I thought I'd round it off here. Since Christmas I hadn't had any post natal anxiety and I thought I was in the clear. However, last month I had another episode. It last 4 days which is shorter than before and I've had none since. I had stopped taking anti-anxieties back before I went to Malta but that repeat episode scared me so much that I started again. I know it won't be long term but I think I need to just not stress about it and just accept that unfortunately that's the way it is just now. It's just a teeny tiny dose and probably just more placebo than anything but it helps me put the fear to the back of my head and get on with things. It was also when I reduced my feeds to once a day and started to get cramping. I've yet to have a period (TMI anyone?) but I think it was hormonal. The obstetrician said I was super sensitive to hormones which is why I was so sick at the start so maybe I'm going to be stuck with a monthly mood swing. I hope not, but at least I can kind of mentally plan for that.
As for everything else, My weight is currently 60kg (9 stone 6) and I wear a size 10/12 clothes. I've been slacking slightly with the pilates but have noticed such a difference when I have been doing it!
I officially have a tear in my hip joint from pregnancy and might need an operation to fix it. I'm putting it off though because who can afford to take 6-8 weeks off work?
I'm still working full time on Orthopaedics but move on to vascular surgery soon. Ugh.
And that's about it... So here's some photos of Cleo last month! I was not very good at using my camera unfortunately, but got a few nice snaps!
This wasn't even set up. Adorable.
Who doesn't love a drool-covered baby?
This little monkey has been her favourite toy ever. Babies are so funny.
I love her so much it hurts. She is just so beautiful and funny. Can someone say biased? Ha!